Monday, January 12, 2009

Who ever made these rules anyway?

For anyone looking for an inspiring read, definitely pick up Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. This is a true story about a woman who, after spending years in a miserable marriage living a life everyone told her was normal, is finally doing things her way. Life is too short to be who society says you should be, and this book is the perfect picture of that. So if you're someone who is constantly being lectured by people who think their life is stable, read this!!!


You may also find comfort in a Dixie Chicks song called "Long Way Around", and I wish people would listen to this and realize something. "My friends from high school/married their high school boyfriends/moved into houses/in the same zipcodes where their parents live/but I could never follow..." These lyrics say more than most people can say to those who think they've got it all figured out. "I've been a long time gone now/maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down/but I've always found my way somehow/by taking the long way, taking the long way around".

"Dream On" by Aerosmith and "Penny on the Train Track" by Ben Kweller are just two other songs involving ideas I've always had and ideas I wish others would accept as real, and if you're like me, you'll love these songs.

I'm done ranting.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment