Monday, January 19, 2009

All-time favorites

Just thought I would share three of my favorite photographs.

My all-time favorite photo is the hippie placing flowers in the rifles of the National Guard during a protest. This is such a powerful image stating that love can overtake the war machine. To me, this photo sums up the '60s perfectly and speaks more than just a thousand words.

Another one of my favorites is the photo of the migrant mother who sold her tent for food for her family during the Great Depression. You can see through this one photo the pain and suffering so many people endured.

Last but not least, I love the photograph of VJ Day including the sailor kissing the woman on the street. Every time I see this, I can't help but smile.

So this is kind of a boring post, but I just thought it would expose some people to some photographs they've never seen before. These photos are also part of why I wanted to be a photographer. I may never take a photograph like one of these, one so powerful or monumental that 50 or 100 years from now people are talking about, but I'm just as satisfied admiring these.

No comments:

Post a Comment