Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Cinematic Adventure

Not that I'm an accredited movie critic or anything, but I have seen millions of movies, and there are a few cinematic adventures that I've been on recently that I think everyone should also enjoy.

1. Into the Wild

This movie is absolutely mind-blowing. The fact that it is a true story makes it even more amazing and inspirational. For anyone who is doing something with their life that is different, this is the movie for you! Spoiler alert...it's sad. But you'll be so moved that you won't believe that you haven't seen this movie before!

Bonus: The soundtrack is by Eddie Vedder and it is amazing!

2. Revolutionary Road

Now I just told someone not to see this mainly because of the ending, but if you're looking for a film with actors that can actually ACT, this is the one. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet are reunited in this movie about a couple living in the Cold War mentality of the 50's, and they want out! Who can blame them? Life at that time was miserable, and you can clearly see that through this film.

P.S. Kate Winslet just won a Golden Globe for best supporting actress for this movie- that just goes to show how great this film is.

3. Almost Famous

Yes, I know...it's been around for quite some time. But I recently just discovered this movie and I can't believe I haven't seen it before! It has it all- rock music, journalism, and groupies...the three things I know most about! It won a Golden Globe for best picture years ago, and this was Kate Hudson's breakthrough performance. If you're looking for a chill movie to watch with your friends, rent this!

No comments:

Post a Comment