Friday, July 30, 2010

The Keiki's Graduation

Tuesday night was the graduation luau for the children. There, we were able to say goodbye to them and give them their back to school supplies. Magin also gave each family several boxes of food since most of them cannot afford it with so many children. The kids looked adorable and watched in awe as the teens performed their hula. At the end, they all rushed up to the girls to hug them and give them their praise.

I hated saying goodbye and, of course, they don't know the concept of us leaving and most likely never seeing them again. I had to try really hard not to cry as I watched them leave with their families.

Before they left, we had some of the kids put their handprints on our t-shirts at the party, and I know I will be wearing that shirt until it rips. Here are a few photos from the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment