Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dana Fuchs in NYC

Everyone should know by now that if I'm getting in my car and leaving this rainy, ugly city, I am most likely going to one of Dana Fuchs' concerts...this weekend was no different. Although our trip did not go quite as planned (supposed to take a bus, Megabus messed up reservation, had to drive overnight after I broke my butt on my glass coffee table, then checked into the hotel for them to say they didn't have a room for us!), we still had a blast running on 2 hours of sleep for the whole weekend.

Oh, did I mention the show was awesome? That's just implied. Dana kicked off the release of her new album, Love to Beg, at the Highline Ballroom with a stellar performance with a full horn section, backup singers (who were more than rad) and a piano player. As usual, the whole band rocked it out and although my lens is broken for the time being (thanks Canon), I managed to get a few pics. Take a gander and when you're done, go to www.danafuchs.com and buy the new album!

1 comment: